10. Organ Meat
Organ meats, such as the liver and kidneys, are believed to be high in nutrients. However, they can also increase cholesterol levels in the body. Fortunately, there are still other nutrient-dense foods that can be enjoyed without worrying about the risks. Beans and spinach are great alternatives that can provide a healthy boost without causing any health issues. So, if you are looking for nutritious foods, these two options should definitely be on your list.
Often, there are no signs that your cholesterol is too high until a serious medical issue such as a stroke or heart attack develops. Thus, it is essential to be aware of your cholesterol levels.
You can keep your cholesterol levels in check by including the following in your diet, instead of consuming cholesterol-rich foods.
- Fruits that are rich in fiber
- Legumes such as lentils for protein
- Whole-grain foods like bread
- Healthy cooking oils like sunflower or soybean oil
- Seafood like mussels and oysters
- Nuts that contain good fat
- Lean meats like a chicken without skin